Friday, April 17, 2009


Hello everyone, My name is Abbie Hutchison and at the moment I am living in the Amazon Rainforest of Ecuador. I am still having problems figuring out how to use this whole blog thing so please bare with me...I have been living here for a little over three months now and I was also here last year about this time for a couple of months. So, so far I have spent 5 months in Ecuador all together and have gotten to know the country and the many different cultures pretty well. I live with a Shuar/Kichwa family in a small village called Chico Copataza. I beleive, there are about 60 people who live in the community, at least this is about what I have counted at many gatherings. the family I live with consists of 8 boys and one girl from the ages of 35 to 11. I am well adjusted to the life of the jungle now and am loving every minute of it. It is definately challenging at times but always rewarding. The people have so much to offer and teach. Many of the things are so simple but so precious. I think I now know how to use Blog spot so I will write more and keep everyone informed of what is happening here in the Amazon amongst the Chumapi Family!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abbie. This is Cornell Menking, Chief International Officer at WKU. I'll be in Ecuador in June. I'll be playing some bluegrass music with my old friends on the evening of June 2 (I lived in Ecuador 7 years). A few WKU officials with be with me, too. If you're around, come to Mosaico Restaurant in the Ichimbia area of Quito (taxis know it). Mosaico is an awesome place.

    Great to hear your trip is going so well. You can email me at cornell.menking[@]wku.edu

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete